Monday, July 21, 2014

Why my blog is called Black Napoleon

In my first post I promissed to tell you why I named my blog Black Napoleon. And I am glad that I have got the chance to explain it to you because you can learn somehing new. I'm such a nerd...

So, you know who Nelson Mandela is, right? You know who Obama is and in general you were good at history in school and you know everyone from Napoleon to Columbus.

Let me introduce: Jacob Morenga (1875-1907).
Jacob Morenga, also Jacobus Marenga, known as the "black Napoleon," (1875 - September 20, 1907) was an important figure in Namibia, then the German colony of German South-West Africa. He was chief leader in the insurrection against the German Empire which took place between 1904 and 1908, and was best known for forging an alliance between the rival Herero and Namaqua tribes. 

All in all he was one of these great people we should know. Of yourse I say that. As you may know I have got a huge interest in black history so I am proud to tell you the story about Jacob Morenga. Otherwise I would have to tell you that Black Napoleon is basically the color of my underwear and what I ate* at last...(haha)

*Napoleon is a russian cacke, my favorite cacke.

No comments:

Post a Comment