Wednesday, November 5, 2014

25 bucks, momma braid your hair

I know, I know it's been a long time since I've posted on my blog.And there is actually no good exuse for that but Imma tell you anyways. So I travelled to Cape Town a month ago and I'll be here until Christmas. Since I have been here my laptop was broken. Finally it is fixed now.

However, let me show you my hair today!

It is a month ago already when I got that new hairdo but awesomeness nedds to be shown anyways, so.

I did what I always do in my life. I make my childhood dreams come true. And one of them was to get box braids. Yes, since I was able to think I've always wanted to have braids.

So I walked down the street on my second day in South Africa and walked into that cute salon and told the lady about my dream. She sheduled my appointment for the next morning at 8am. I went there, sat down, chose the colour and the lady started to braid my hair. It took exactly four hours so we had enough time to smalltalk about travelling, culture, education and racism.

And of course there is a specific sond playing in my head, if you don't know it check it out.

25 bucks, momma braid your hair
sit on the porch, she'll do it on the stairs
grew your hair out and you wanna get it twisted
fed us many nights n**** that's how we was linving

-Danny Brown - 25 bucks-




When I stood up from that chair and walked outa the salon with a brand new attitude I felt like I finally was who I wanted to be.



Ever since that day people keep starring at me in the streets, taking pictures of me and telling me that they love my hair.
But also I do get asked the question: "What made you get braids?" 
-What makes other people get braids? Like, I don't get it. I am not trying to be black. As you can see I chose bright red and not brown or black. Everyone should be free to get the fucking hairstyle they want, no matter black, white, colored, asian, hispanic and so on. Others get a straight hair weave I get braids. 
...sick of justifing.


No comments:

Post a Comment